Collection, Use and Security of Personal Information
1. The Pima Council on Aging values and respects an individual’s right to keep certain Personal Information private. Likewise, the PCOA values the need to collect and use Personal Information which will enable PCOA to effectively deliver its products and services.
up for PCOA publications and mailings, or entering into transactions with PCOA, and covers the collection, use,
A. PCOA’s Collection of Personal Information
1. PCOA will collect Personal Information on an individual only if the individual provides the information to PCOA.PCOA also may collect information about a person who has been referred to the website to send them emails regarding PCOA’s efforts or a person to whom PCOA has been asked to send emails regarding PCOA’s programs or efforts. If a person donates to PCOA, PCOA may collect sensitive Personal Information such as the donor’s credit card number, card type, and expiration date and keep a record of the financial transaction.
2. PCOA may collect Demographic Information it obtains from individuals and third parties for fund raising purposes and to notify persons of PCOA programs, events, educational opportunities and upcoming meetings.
3. PCOA may collect Aggregate and Transactional Information and add to its database every time a person visits PCOA Web Site. Also, PCOA collects Aggregate Information for research purposes.
B. PCOA’s Use of Personal Information
1. When an individual provides Personal Information to PCOA, PCOA may use the Personal Information for its
programs and fund raising.
2. PCOA uses Transactional Information (i.e. credit card, etc.) for the development or implementation of its programs, products and services. The presumption is that, since Transactional Information is highly proprietary, it will not be disclosed to third parties.
3. PCOA will disclose all information as required by law.
4. PCOA will make every effort to discontinue the use of an individual’s Personal Information as soon as practicable if
requested by that individual. PCOA may need to retain Information in its archives and records to comply with law, resolve disputes, analyze problems, assist with any investigations and other policies, and take other actions otherwise permitted or required by law.
PCOA HAS A POLICY TO NEVER RENT OR EXCHANGE ANY NAMES ON OUR PRIVATE FILE.
1. PCOA will take reasonable and appropriate measures to keep Personal Information confidential and in a secure environment, including taking appropriate action in the event of unauthorized disclosure.
2. Access to Personal Information will be restricted to only those personnel with a legitimate business purpose.
3. PCOA owns all Personal Information provided to it by individuals and collected in accordance with this Policy.