PimaCare at Home (PCAH) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Pima Council On Aging. PCAH is a home care agency for the elderly and disabled in Pima County. Join our winning team and enjoy competitive wages and excellent benefits.
RESPONSIBILITIES SPECIFIC TO POSITION:
Direct Care Workers may be responsible for any or all of the following duties, per client care plan:
Assist with showering, bathing, toileting, dressing, shampooing and grooming; assist with transfers to and from wheelchair or bed; assist with eating; assist with ambulating; assist with routine nail and skin care; f. assist with tasks necessary for the comfort and safety of movement-restricted clients; assist with special appliances and/or prosthetic devices; assist with training the client, the client’s family members and/or friends in personal care tasks
Planning and cooking meals, following client specific diets as directed; assist with meal set up and/or feeding
Shopping for and storing of food, medicine and supplies
Washing, drying and folding of clothes and linens; ironing of clothes – only if clothes cannot be worn without being ironed
Cleaning Dusting furniture; cleaning floors; cleaning bathrooms; cleaning windows if necessary to attain safe or sanitary conditions; cleaning kitchen to include routine cleaning of kitchen appliances (stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator); washing dishes; changing linens; making beds; routine cleaning of household appliances
Medication reminders and assistance with self-medication; monitor the client to prevent personal injury and/or property damage; establish a structured schedule which meets the client’s needs; provide companionship suited to the client’s ability to participate in shared activities; including conversations, games, reading, outdoor activities, etc.
Maintains effective working relationships with BESTCARE@HOME coworkers and employees
Demonstrates professionalism and effective customer service while interacting with the general public
May accompany client to medical appointments using transportation scheduled by the Program Contractor
- Travel when required to client’s home via personal car or public transportation.
- Provide or assist client with personal care, including bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, transfers, eating, ambulation, skin and nail care, use of special appliances/prosthesis..
- Meal preparation, assist client with eating, or feeding.
- Shopping for groceries, medications, medical supplies as needed.
- Complete client’s laundry.
- Clean client’s areas of the home, including dusting, washing floors, bathroom, kitchen, changing linen, and making bed, and routine cleaning of appliances.
- General supervision of the client including medication reminders, preventing personal injury, companionship.
- Communicate any change in client’s condition with case manager and/or nurse supervisor when indicated.
- Complete requirements for CPR and First Aid, TB and Criminal Affidavit by the expiration date
- Use telephony as instructed to indicate hours worked.
- Communicate any changes in the DCW work schedule with supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS REQUIRED TO PERFORM RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Applying personal care techniques;
- Physical strength and flexibility needed to bend, stoop, lift during housekeeping, personal care, and transferring the client without any physical restrictions or limitations.
- Communicating with others in a friendly manner; and
- Any combination of training and experience that demonstrates minimum knowledge and skills in personal care and basic housekeeping activities.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Speak, read, write and be able to understand in English
- Current CPR and First Aid training
- Current DCW Training or to be completed within 90 days of hire
- Current TB test within the past 6 months showing no evidence of pulmonary disease
- Hold or can obtain an Arizona Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Compliance with criminal history background checks including fingerprinting upon initial appointment and criminal affidavit on an annual basis thereafter.
- Compliance with Driver’s Background check to ensure safe driving record (3 moving violations within the previous 18 months will disqualify a candidate).
- Not be related to the ALTCS client as a natural, adoptive or stepparent of a child under 18.
- Successfully pass the skills and written tests of the Direct Caregiver Training.
To Apply (Do one of the following):