Category: Hourly, Non-Exempt, $21.49 per hour, after 6 month of satisfactory performance, 5% increase to $22.56 per hour.
Purpose: Provide education, coaching, and referral for end-of-life care planning and completing advance directives.
• Provide culturally sensitive support, information, referrals, and follow up, in English and Spanish, to individuals, families, caregivers and other professionals about end-of-life resources throughout Pima County
• Provide person-centered assistance to individuals to complete, formalize, and execute advance directives including communication of end of life wishes and registering advance directives
• Conduct outreach and provide presentations to diverse communities who are often uncomfortable with end of life topics
• Establish and cultivate cooperative working relationships with other agencies and organizations in the community and state
• Collaborate and participate with other area stakeholders and coalitions to promote understanding of end of life options and completion of advance directives
• Provide education and training through staff presentations, community presentations, training programs, participation in community/health fairs, and creation/dissemination of printed materials
• Create and curate print articles and social media posts to inform staff and community members about end of life issues and facilitate dialogue about dying and death
• Keep data and prepare reports for the program
• Maintain accurate and timely client records in the appropriate database
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bilingual in English/Spanish required
• Bachelor’s Degree in social work, counseling, education, health, or related field from an accredited college or university
• Two years of relevant professional experience
• Excellent communication skills (oral, written) including public speaking and engaging diverse audiences
• Experience using Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Successful Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance and background check
• Possession of a valid Arizona driver’s license and current automobile insurance
• Understanding of and commitment to the organization’s vision, mission, and values
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Knowledge of the aging process, issues associated with aging and disabilities, end of life care planning, and advance directives
• Experience training/educating adults in a group environment
• Knowledge of local communities and genuine respect for diverse cultures
• Knowledge of community organizations and commitment to mutually beneficial partnership
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and strategically, work independently, establish priorities, and build relationships
Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with occasional evenings or weekends
• Office environment; noise level generally low due mainly to office equipment.
• Remote work from home may be allowed or even required at times. This position must be able to create and maintain a confidential home environment free from noise and distraction to perform duties
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand, sit and occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Hearing requirements include ability to listen and respond appropriately to conversations in person or on the phone Frequent travel throughout Pima County may be required
This is a full-time position, 37.5 hours weekly, primarily Monday-Friday, 8:30 am 5:00 pm, with occasional evening and weekend hours.
PCOA reserves the right to modify and interpret this position description. This description in no way implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise; the employment relationship remains “at-will.” The position requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to email@example.com, or fax to 520-762-4773.