Reports to: VP of Operations
Category: Grade 9, $62,000 at year, 5% increase after 6 months to $65,100
Supervises: One Human Resources support staff
Purpose: Responsible for the overall PCOA, PimaCare at Home, and Caregiver Training Institute’s human resources functions and activities. Applies working knowledge of union labor relations/negotiations and contractual guidelines with the PimaCare at Home staff under a collective bargaining unit. Acts as a key partner in promoting a positive, inclusive, and professional working environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees day to day Human Resource operations including benefits administration, recruitment, hiring, employee performance management, and separations.
2. Creates, updates, and implements policies, procedures, tools, training, and tracking to ensure a robust and effective volunteer pool that meets the needs of agency programs.
3. Develops training strategy for new employees and ongoing employee development.
4. Develops and implements a training plan and schedule.
5. Develops employment and training policies and procedures and conducts ongoing review and revision of policies and procedures.
6. Creates and maintains a Diversity Plan, recruitment plans specific to positions, and a standard onboarding process and structure.
7. Creates and oversees processes, tools, and supervisory training for separations.
8. Develops an employee performance management tool and process and oversees implementation, training, and coaching related to performance management.
9. Creates standard position descriptions and titles, conducts analysis of positions and pay structure, and standardizes positions and pay structures.
10. Applies HR principles to collective bargaining agreements.
11. Responsible for compliance to all applicable human resources regulations.
12. Acts as a strategic advisor to the Executive Management Team.
1. Demonstrated professional writing and communication.
2. Knowledge of employment law and best practices.
3. Ability to conduct analysis and present recommendations.
4. Proactive and forward-looking to anticipate and meet agency employment needs and recruitment efforts.
5. Developing and delivering employee training.
6. Networking with community partners.
7. Ability to mediate conflicts and facilitate decision-making and strategic thinking sessions.
8. Ability to coach management and staff.
1. Bachelor’s in HR or related field.
2. Five (5) years of progressive human resources management experience.
3. HR certification preferred.
4. Possession of a valid Arizona driver’s license, current automobile insurance and reliable transportation.
5. Successfully obtain and maintain AZ Level 1 fingerprint clearance and Central Registry background clearance.
6. Bilingual (English/Spanish) desirable.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of federal and state laws, rules, regulations, standards, policies and procedures for administration and management related to human resources.
2. Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Department of Labor and National Labor Relations Board laws and regulations.
3. Knowledge of current and future trends in human resources management.
4. Ability to work and organize human resources activities independently.
5. Ability to listen and work effectively with others.
6. Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing and in speaking to others.
7. Attention to detail and meeting deadlines.
8. Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with staff, management and community partners.
9. Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
10. Strong computer skills using MS Office and HRIS applications.
1. Usually works in an office environment with low noise level due mostly to office equipment
2. Employee must be able to sit for extended periods of time while talking on the phone, researching information on the computer or doing data entry.
3. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Hearing requirements include ability to listen and respond appropriately to conversations in person or on the phone.
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to email@example.com, or fax to 520-762-4773.