The Pima Council on Aging is seeking a highly dedicated, outgoing, and passionate individual that will be providing information to the elderly community regarding Medicare benefits. The selected individual will be provided the additional training needed to be able to engage the community with information about Medicare.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Record occurrences of Medicare fraud, errors, and abuse reported by individuals and health care providers.
• Provide SHIP and SMP education and training to the public, SMP volunteers, and community partners through presentations, training programs, community/health fairs, and dissemination of printed materials.
• Recruit, train, supervise, and motivate SMP volunteers.
• Coordinate volunteers’ SMP presentations, including outreach to diverse and hard to reach individuals.
• Review and screen referrals to the Medicare and Medicaid programs.
• Provide Medicare related consultation to individuals and professionals via telephone, email and in-person.
• Collaborate with community partners.
• Maintain accurate and timely client records in the appropriate databases.
• Prepare and submit reports.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a social services field and two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Successful Level 1 fingerprint clearance and background check
• Possession of a valid Arizona driver’s license and current automobile insurance
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to obtain Medicare SHIP/ SMP certification within two months of employment.
• Attention to detail, follow up, and follow through.
• Effective written and oral communication skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office software, including MS PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of Medicare Part A, B, C, and D, Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Medigap, and Medicare coordination of benefits preferred.
• Knowledge of Medicare fraud and abuse preferred.
• Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferred
• Understanding of and commitment to the organization’s vision, mission and values
• Some evenings and Saturdays are required
• Does not have a Broker License, or will be willing to cancel the Broker License upon hire