Category: Hourly, non-exempt, Grade 5, $22.56 per hour. Maximum hours per week are 37.5. Temporary position with opportunity for extension as funding allows.
Purpose: The Senior Field Organizer would act as a leader for the Take YOUR Shot vaccination campaign for Pima Council on Aging, coordinating canvassing and phone banking operations and providing outreach to local businesses, religious institutions, and neighborhoods.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with Director of Public Policy & Special Projects to coordinate campaign efforts with community partners
• Provide outreach to local businesses, religious institutions, neighborhood associations, and other community organizing groups
• Collect and report data on outreach, analyzing both success and failures as they arise
• Assist with developing messaging for social media geotargeted campaigns as needed
• Execute field duties at door-to-door, phone banking, and pop-up events
• Assist in the recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteers
• Assist in scheduling volunteer shifts, appointments, and answering questions
• Engage with community members to educate on PCOA’s mission and available programming as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong organization and time management
• Strong interpersonal communication with people in diverse communities
• Effective written and oral communication skills
• Adapts to change and is flexible
• Ability to use various campaign related technologies including databases, Microsoft Office, and social media platforms
• High School Diploma or GED required
• 1-2 years previous experience in political or social cause campaigns in either a volunteer or paid capacity
• Experience in community outreach, collaboration, and presentation
• Experience in tracking data outputs
• Possession of a valid Arizona driver’s license, current automobile insurance, and reliable transportation
• Ability to successfully obtain and maintain AZ Level 1 fingerprint clearance and Central Registry background clearance
• Some college or bachelor’s degree in political science, public policy, law, social work, or related field
• Some volunteer or campaign management experience
• Knowledge of aging issues and resources available to older adults and their families
• Good organizational, program development, and program management skills
• Ability to speak Spanish
• This position is a flexible work from home position. Though PCOA’s typical work hours are between 8:30 and 5 PM Monday through Friday, this position will be asked to work during the evenings and on weekends as needed.
• Employee must be able to endure Arizona’s environmental pressures while in the field, including extreme heat, cold, or rain.
• While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to walk, stand, and occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. Hearing requirements include ability to listen and respond appropriately to conversations in person or on the phone.
This is a fulltime position, 37.5 hours weekly, temporarily for 6 months with the possibility of extension as funding is available.
PCOA reserves the right to modify and interpret this position description. This description in no way implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities performed by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise; the employment relationship remains “at-will.” The position requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified disabled individuals.
To apply for this position, please download and complete our job application using this link. Please submit your completed application along with supporting documents below, send it to email@example.com, or fax to 520-762-4773.