Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
KARE Family Center
Are you a kin caregiver raising grandchildren or other kinship caregiver for a child under 18? The KARE Family Center provides a wide range of services through its one-stop center for caregivers and adoptive families. These include:
- Information, education and resource referrals
- Help in completing guardianship packets for Probate Court
- Help with filling out applications for benefits such as TANF, AHCCCS or Kids Care
- Advocacy for caregivers and children with schools, courts, health care and mental health agencies, benefits programs, Child Protective Services, etc.
- Case management
- Recreation for youth and families
- Support groups for kin and adoptive families
- Classes for grandparents and others who are “becoming parents again”
- Emergency assistance such as diapers, food, clothing, and furniture
The KARE Family Center for caregivers and adoptive families is located at 220 E. Speedway, Tucson, AZ. For more information, call (520) 323-4476 or visit the Arizona Kinship Support Services website.