Elder Rights and Benefits
Elder Rights and Benefits Assistance
The Elder Rights and Benefits Department helps and advocates for persons age 60 and older with a wide range of issues.
Services offered include one-on-one counseling or advice, contacting creditors or other entities on behalf of clients, assisting clients in filling out forms, filing for property tax refunds, benefits enrollment, and much more.
Call PCOA’s Helpline at (520) 790-7262 or e-mail email@example.com.
Reporting Neglect, Abuse or Exploitation
- If there is an immediate threat to life, health or safety call 911
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman – The Long Term Care Ombudsman Program provides assistance to and advocacy for residents of long term care and assisted living facilities in understanding and maintaining their human and civil rights and ensuring quality of life and quality of care. Call PCOA’s Helpline at (520) 790-7262 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arizona Adult Protective Services is the state agency charged with investigating neglect, abuse and financial exploitation of vulnerable adults. The 24 Hour intake line is 877-767-2385
- The Senior Anti-Fraud Hotline takes reports of suspected fraud or potential fraud against senior citizens. They investigate fraud related to retirement savings, identity theft, phone scams, Medicare, Social Security, and other consumer issues important to seniors and the elderly. Visit the website or call 1-855-303-9470.
- Arizona Department of Health Services – Licenses, inspects and monitors facilities and investigates care complaints in facilities
- Licensing Services: 150 North 18th Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85007
- Phone: (602) 364-2536
- Fax: (602) 364-4808