IMPORTANT – Click here to view our COVID-19 Information and Updates page for updated programming changes.
NOTICE: All participants in our in-person events will be required to wear masks and adhere to PCOA distancing and safety guidelines, regardless of vaccination status. To assure your safety and that of others, depending on the situation with COVID-19 in our community, the event may be canceled or changed from an in-person event to a virtual event. Once registered, you will be notified regarding any such changes, should they occur, and provided with information about how to join the virtual event and additional options.
Do you have questions about caregiving?
If you are a caregiver, you know the demands that come with caring for your loved one can be stressful, and your own uncertainty can lead to additional stress. To relieve stress and uncertainty, PCOA and our dedicated community partners provide monthly caregiver training workshops that will teach you the skills you need to safely care for your loved ones.
Workshop 1 – Steps to Resilience
- Stress Management Tools
- Communication Strategies
- Alzheimer’s & other dementias
- Nutrition, Hydration & Assistance with Eating,
- Psychological & Emotional Conditions
- Grief & End of Life Resources
- Managing Medications
- Phone and Technology Use
- Housework/ Laundry Services
- Driving Concerns
- Finances & Legal Resources
Workshop 2 – Physical Care and Safety
- Proper Body Mechanics
- Home Environment Safety & Fall Prevention
- Planning for an Emergency
- Understanding Assistive Devices
- Proper Walking /Transferring techniques
- Re-positioning with reassessment.
- Activity Planning, Outings and Car Etiquette
- Infection control and providing Personal Care
To register or receive information, please contact:
Pima Council on Aging
Phone – (520) 258-5064
Email – LWetzler@pcoa.org