Reports to: CGTI Program Director
Category: Non-Exempt, Intermittent
Purpose: Provide classroom, skills lab and clinical training to students. Provide a stimulating environment that encourages student participation, interpersonal skills development, and concepts of good patient care.
Instructors work in the following areas:
- Classroom lecture/didactic: Implement a standard curriculum that prepares students to pass the Nursing Assistant/Caregiver certification exams. Lectures are delivered in a virtual classroom setting as well as in person classes.
- Skills lab: Demonstrate skills required to pass the State licensing exam. Evaluate and document students’ progress in skills competency through observation, assessment, and testing.
- Clinicals: Build knowledge and develop clinical skills at our various clinical sites and through simulated experiences developed for the students.
• Implement a standard curriculum that prepares students to pass the certification/licensing exams, keeping students engaged.
• Work no less than 30 hours on a quarterly basis. Quarters are defined as July –September, October – December, January – March, April – June.
• Demonstrate skills that are required to pass the certification/licensing exams. Evaluate and document students’ progress in skills competency through observation, assessment, and testing.
• Build knowledge and develop clinical skills at our various clinical sites and thru simulated experiences developed for the students.
• Monitor class attendance, proctor exams, and ensure student completion of required assignments,
• Demonstrate professionalism and effective customer service both internally and externally
• Prepare and maintain records accurately and in a timely manner
• Attend meetings and trainings as required
• Work with students to schedule make-up time. Monitor and document completion of assignments and hours missed.
• Maintain and uphold all safety standards according to industry best practices and entities including but not limited to licensing bodies.
• Provide students with a contact email.
• Secure coverage for days off as needed
• Monitor and respond to emails within 1 class day
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions: (Basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodations)
• Instruct in person and virtual classes and in facilities in the community.
• In-depth knowledge of principles, practices, methods and techniques of professional caregiving.
• Ability to effectively instruct individuals and large groups and manage a classroom.
• Ability to adapt instruction/support to students’ differences in learning styles, strengths and demonstrated needs.
• Ability to facilitate a positive and inclusive environment for all students.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize appropriately, take initiative, critically think and problem solve.
• Ability to plan and organize multiple job tasks.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working and professional relationships.
• Ability to appropriately use, protect and preserve the confidentiality of information.
• Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to the vision, mission and values of both the CareGiver Training Institute and Pima Council on Aging.
• Current Arizona Registered Nurse license that is active and in good standing.
• Maintain a satisfaction rating of no less than 75% based on student class evaluations.
• At least one year of direct care experience working as an RN.
• At least one year of experience supervising nursing assistants or teaching adults as a faculty member or clinical educator.
• Proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite, (Word, Power Point, Outlook, and Excel) and video conferencing platforms.
• Successful fingerprint clearance and criminal background check.
• The work environment noise varies dependent upon the classroom environment
• The work environment includes travel to and working in various classroom, skills lab, clinical and testing settings.
• The basic duties of this job require the employee to be physically present in a classroom, skills lab, clinical or testing setting as required by the employer. As necessary, the basic duties of this job may need to be conducted virtually as directed by the employer.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, stand and occasionally climb or balance, squat, stoop, twist, turn, push, pull, kneel, crouch, crawl and reach with hands and arms. The employee must lift and/or move up to 20 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift in excess of 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Hearing requirements include ability to listen and respond appropriately to conversations in person and over the phone.
The Caregiver Training Institute and Pima Council on Aging reserve the right to modify, interpret or apply this position description. This description in no way implies that these are the only responsibilities, including major responsibilities, to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This position description is not an employment contract, implied or otherwise; the employment relationship remains “at-will.” The aforementioned position requirements are subject to change to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability.