Established in 2015, the Southern Arizona chapter of the Falls Prevention Coalition (SAFPC) is a respected local partnership of community organizations mobilized to spread the word about ways to prevent falls among older adults. SAFPC includes representatives from Pima Council on Aging (PCOA) and the Pima County Health Department (PCHD), along with first-responders from area fire districts/departments, local hospitals and healthcare organizations, educators from the University of Arizona, and social service organizations.
- 2018 Falls Prevention Event List
- Fall Prevention Resource List
- Fall Prevention Tips and Checklist
- Fall Prevention Tips and Checklist (Spanish)
- Southern Chapter of the Arizona Falls Prevention Coalition Information
- PCOA Fall Prevention Checklist
- Preventing Falls at Home
- 6 Steps to Prevent a Fall
- Common Myths about Older Adults and Falling
- Are Your Medicines Increasing Your Risk of a Fall or a Car Crash?
Additional resources and links
- Falls Prevention Coalition Action Sheet
- General Fall Information
- General Fall Information (Spanish)
- National Council on Aging